ACTIVELY HIRING. SUBMIT RESUME BY MONDAY, JANUARY 13
The Assistant Manager is under the supervision of the store manager and corporate office. An Assistant Manager is helps drive sales performance, fosters superior customer service and maintains operational excellence to meet or exceed established sales and control goals. This individual will manage and supervise individuals and effectively plans daily work and decision making within guidelines to achieve company targets and excellence in customer service while maintaining a high level of professionalism when interacting with both internal and external individuals is critical to the role. Minimum average hourly requirement of 30 to 40 hours per week required. Flexibility in scheduling to include open, close and weekend activity is required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Promotes and models exceptional service; creates a culture of hospitality in the store and salon
• Builds success through the optimization of people
• Efficiently delegates responsibilities and tasks to staff while providing coaching, training, and feedback to improve staff performance on a daily basis
• Supervises sales floor, completes store opening and closing procedures, including following all checklists, coaching staff and maintaining loss prevention guidelines
• Maintains a consistent and open line of communication with Manager and Corporate office
• Demonstrates a passion for company products and services
• Addresses all customer concerns and questions promptly and with professionalism
• Responsible for all cash drawers per company policy including returns, exchanges and loyalty programs
• Ensures company policies, procedures and system operations are consistently communicated and followed
• In the absence of Manager, facilitates and leads non-management new hire orientation, all store internal and external sales and product training and education.
• Ensures maintenance of store including cleanliness and overall esthetics
• Protects assets of Salon Brands through customer service and operational processes, inclusive of all loss prevention criteria and sales floor leadership
• Associates degree, 2 years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant work
• 2 years of progressively responsible retail experience; supervisory experience preferred
• Demonstrated competency in sales, products and services
• Proven ability to recruit, assess, train, develop and promote employees
• Proven ability to build, develop, motivate, and lead diverse teams
• Knowledge of retail merchandising practices
• Strong communication, problem-solving, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
• Consistent and reliable attendance
For any questions about the position, please call Emily Blaine at (316)788-3433.